UCLA is located on the west-side of Los Angeles, California. The LA area has many fine qualities, including:
1. Los Angeles is the most culturally diverse city in the world. There are major concert halls, such as the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl (the latter being accessible through inexpensive shuttle service from the UCLA campus), theaters, art museums, and sports arenas. There is an enormous variety of movies, dance performances, art exhibits, lectures, plays, and sporting events (including football, baseball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, water polo, swimming, horse racing, and hockey, among other opportunities). High quality entertainment in all of these areas can be enjoyed on campus or within walking distance of campus.
2. UCLA is situated in the appealing Westwood Village community and is surrounded by safe neighborhoods.
3. Los Angeles is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world!
4. Do you like to play tennis, hike, swim, go jogging or play volleyball? The LA area offers great natural beauty with a tremendous range of nearby opportunities for outdoor activity ranging from hiking, rock climbing and skiing to ocean sports, whale watching, and beach activities.
5. Would you like to enjoy these outdoor activities year round? The climate on the West side of Los Angeles boasts the best climate of any major Statistics or Biostatistics department in the country.